Tuesday, May 22, 2012

THIS Is Why I Run...

Ugh... I've been drinking entirely too much beer as of late... Time to get back on track or switch to wine perhaps. I feel good after my runs, workouts, but am still just feeling so tired all of the time. I was hoping changing things up a bit would help out, but it didn't really. I kept wishing I was outside running. So easily distracted and am feeling really very anxious today. To ease my way back on the right track, I've stepped up my water consumption & have tried cutting back on the carbs a bit. More fruits & veggies are really keeping me fuller longer; almost too full. Blah... anyway...

I am really trying to listen to that Smart Coach (no, it doesn't say anything) but it really is so hard to keep focused sometimes. Today was an "off" day, no running for me. It is a GORGEOUS day out, wind just so, sun shining, clear sky, warm but not hot. As I mentioned, I've been feeling really quite anxious today and am not totally sure I have the answer as to why. THIS IS WHY I RUN... too much down time lets my mind wander & worry. My iPhone has me baffled, but I did manage to get some of my music back on into a couple of playlists. I have been trying to stiffle the bad eating with some healthier alternatives, bananas, peanut butter (just a smidge), tomatoes, water and milk. My staples...

Being anxious, over thinking, always thinking, running thru all of the things that need to be done, have yet to be done & aren't going to get done, worrying about people, money, work, etc, etc, etc. THIS Is Why I Run... that hour of silence, that hour of no worries, that hour of being in synch, that hour of sweat, that hour I have my music all to myself, THAT HOUR that regularly turns into longer... THIS Is WHY I Run...

I don't honestly know what my issues are today, otehr than it's an OFF day... Tomorrow, I'll be back ON with a scheduled 5 miles.

Happy running y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment